For 30 years, Ginger Burr, President of Total Image Consultants, has found that many women are ignoring, hiding, or are just plain unaware of their innate beauty. With a heartfelt belief that whether you are 25 or 85, you deserve to feel radiant and pulled-together, Ginger has helped women from all walks of life and from all over the world create a wardrobe they love. The key is guiding them to connect with their inner essence and learn to reflect who they are through the clothing they wear. Her approach to fashion has led her to be interviewed by Worth Magazine, Forbes Magazine, Fox TV News and Bloomberg Business Week. In 2007, her passion for health, beauty and her commitment to a cruelty-free way of life led to her being selected as one of VegNews Magazine’s “25 Most Fascinating Vegetarians” for her innovative and groundbreaking work as a vegan image consultant. At a time when the terms stylish and vegan rarely appeared in the same sentence, Ginger’s mission became to prove that the two could happily co-exist. She is also the author of the book That’s So You! Create a look you love with beauty, style and grace.
That’s So You! Create a Look You Love with Beauty, Style and Grace (Self-Help/Non-Fiction)
If you are over the age of 40 and find yourself feeling more and more disempowered each time you go shopping or get dressed, it’s time to stop the frustration and look at your personal style from an entirely new viewpoint. Just because you are not eighteen anymore does not mean your desire to look good has evaporated. But, as the years pass, it’s easy to find yourself stuck in a fashion rut or feel lost because your body is shifting or you are gaining weight.
That’s So You is designed specifically to take you step-by-step through the experience of creating a wardrobe you love—one that aligns your inner and outer beauty. When you reflect who you are on the inside—the part that makes you special—through the clothes you wear, you feel inspired, excited and happy every time you get dressed!
With the help of stories from real women, expert stylist Ginger Burr is your guide on a very special style transformation journey that addresses how to:
• Tap into your inner beauty. This is not about dressing the way you think you should look or how you think others expect you to look; it’s about purposefully creating the visual image you want to project. It will boost your self-esteem, bolster your confidence and draw people to you with a very clear message about who you are.
• Stop settling for a wardrobe that is “good enough.” If you have settled for less because you are unsure how to take a step forward that feels good and all of your attempts so far have been frustrating, this will change all that.
• Let comfort and beauty coexist in your wardrobe—you can have both!
• Create your signature style. A signature style expresses your personality, makes you smile every time you get dressed, and gives the world a clue from the outside as to who you are on the inside.
• Dress stylishly and compassionately. You do not have to sacrifice your personal style to make a compassionate fashion statement. This chapter will introduce you to the world of compassionate dressing and show you how.
• Avoid fashion no-nos. Discover the ten looks that are universally unflattering!
• Age gracefully. Whether you’re confused about what is age appropriate, don’t know whether to let your hair go gray or need some makeup tips to look radiant, this chapter will give you some guidance for making choices that will bring you happiness and peace no matter your age.
• Shop successfully. If shopping has felt overwhelming and frustrating, these tips will help save you time, aggravation and money (and your sanity!). And, you might even have fun!
As you go through each chapter in ‘That’s So You!’ and with practice, you will have the tools and guidance you need to create a lasting look that’s so you…and only you. Then you can celebrate as your wardrobe and style come alive with your personal beauty, style and grace.